The good news: Since the beginning of the year, we’ve become progressively busier.
The even better news: We need to add two web design interns to our team.
Could this be you, or do you know someone who fits the bill? If so, email through a brief cover letter accompanied by your resume and some examples of your recent design projects to [email protected]
Job: Web design intern
Job level: Junior
Salary: Unpaid + the occasional Black Star Pastry cake and Courtie lunch
Expertise: Graphic design
Software: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
What we can offer you:
- An exciting work culture in the heart of Newtown
- An experienced mentor to guide you
- Great potential for learning and growth
- Learn from, exchange ideas and build relationships with others in the industry
- The chance to beef up your portfolio with some cutting edge projects
- Flexible hours to suit your schedule
- Exposure to many aspects of online marketing campaigns, not just design
- Work with Thinkun’s wide range of clients such as GoGet, Mark Webber, Red Balloon, University of Sydney, L’Oreal, and many more
- Our internship program included lunchtime lectures, regular feedback and reviews.
Take a look at some of our recent work.
A brief description of who we’re looking for: As Thinkun’s Web Design intern, you will use your knowledge of design software including Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign amongst others, to apply your design skills to the development of websites, Facebook applications, mobile apps and other digital communication (as well as the odd bit of print media when required).
Not only will you create visually pleasing communication, you will also need to ensure that the sites and software you’re designing meet best practice standards for the web.
You will think about, create, design and implement solutions as part of a team, while remaining self directed and retaining an individual approach to work goals.
We require an energetic candidate with great work ethic, creative skills, good communication and organisational skills.
You will learn to handle multiple projects and tasks, which vary in scope and size. In addition to your design projects, you will also be required to complete some administrative tasks related to the smooth running of the Thinkun studio.
The position will be based in our office in the Flourmill Studios, a heritage conversion of an old flourmill in groovy Newtown. The Flourmill is home to a broad range of creative businesses and is close to Newtown station, as well as being cycle to work and dog friendly.